If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After baking a lot of coffee cakes, this was my favorite. Buttermilk gives the cake a light, tangy flavor, and there's enough streusel that you get some in every bite (a must)! I freeze leftover slices of the cake in a layer of plastic wrap followed by a layer of aluminum foil and reheat them in the microwave for unexpected coffee guests or snacktime emergencies. —Erin McDowell
Makes one 9-inch bundt cake
For the streusel:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, microwaved for 10 seconds
For the cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, meted
- Spray a 9-inch bundt pan with nonstick spray. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- To make the streusel, whisk the sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a medium bowl to combine. Cut the butter into 1-tablespoon pieces, then add it to the mixture and use your hands to mix it in until you've formed moist crumbs. Set aside.
- To make the cake, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl to combine. In a separate medium bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, sugar, and melted butter to combine.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, and mix until fully combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan and top with half of the streusel. Pour the remaining batter on top, then finish with a sprinkling of the remaining streusel.
- Bake the coffee cake until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!