If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple recipe, easily created from pantry ingredients that is hearty enough for meat eaters but vegan-friendly. —sraymond54
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup farro
- 1 15 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained
- 3 inch piece of multigrain baguette, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Saute onion in 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in medium saucepan until soft and lightly browned.
- Add farro and saute about 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomatoes and broth, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans and simmer until farro is tender, about 15 more minutes. Add more broth, if needed.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Process bread cubes and fresh herbs until coarse crumbs develop. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Saute in 1 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and crisp.
- Top individual servings with bread crumbs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans