If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet, tart and tangy...these are a great side for your indoor or outdoor barbecue! —inpatskitchen
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 3 cups cooked Great Northern white beans ( or 2 14 to 15 ounce cans, rinsed and drained)
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on paper toweling. Crumble once cooled. Leave the drippings in the pan.
- Add the onion and rhubarb to the skillet and sauté until softened. Stir in the ginger, salt and mustard powder and sauté for another minute. Add the brown sugar, ketchup and beans and stir.
- Transfer the mixture to a 10 x10 inch baking dish (or one similar in size) and bake, covered, in a pre heated 350F oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans