If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Soft cinnamon-spiced banana fritters rolled in a sweet and sticky honey glaze. —Riley Wofford
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, peeled and diced
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl to combine.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, honey, and vanilla extract in a large bowl to combine. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing just until incorporated. Fold in the bananas.
- Pour enough oil into a large saucepan to come about two inches up the side of the pan. Place the oil over medium-high heat, until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375°F. Working in batches, use a small ice cream scoop to drop the batter into the hot oil. Fry the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown all over. Drain on paper towels.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and honey in a shallow bowl to combine. While the fritters are still warm, dip in the glaze and turn to coat. Serve warm.