If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
This smooth and silky autumnal soup is perfect with a chunk of buttered, crusty bread and a mug of hot tea. Experiment with different beans to create an array of textures, colours and flavors. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/butter-bean-soup —Healthline
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 red onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 14-ounce cans of butter beans, drained and washed
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 teaspoons fresh oregano
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and fry for 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Add the onions to the same frying pan that cooked the bacon and fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, beans, and oregano. Bring to a boil, turn down, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth and top with chopped bacon rashers.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans