If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Make a Mexican-inspired dinner tonight that everyone in the family is sure to enjoy! By rinsing and draining the beans twice, you remove a large portion of the sodium found in all types of canned beans. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/chicken-and-pinto-bean-saut —Healthline
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 15-ounce cans pinto beans, well rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 4 flour tortillas
- Heat a large skillet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray over medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until browned.
- Add beans, green onions, and spices and cook until chicken is no longer pink and onions are tender.
- Serve with fat-free sour cream and warmed flour tortillas.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans