Author Notes: Fava beans, also called broad beans, have a tough outer hull that can be a little difficult and time-consuming to remove. Instead, look for frozen favas and save yourself a little time. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/sauteed-fava-beans —Healthline
16 ounce bag frozen fav beans, thawed
tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
teaspoons fresh oregano, minced
teaspoon fresh lemon juice
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add shallot and a pinch of salt. Cook until shallot is soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add fava beans and cook for 2 minutes. Add the oregano and cook until beans are just tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add lemon juice, tossing to combine. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans