If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Thyme and lemon marinated chickpeas are a delicious refrigerator pantry staple. Great in salads and veggie bowls! —Sofia // From the Land we Live on
Makes 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons honey
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic, halved
- Dissolve the honey in a small amount of water or lemon juice, then combine it with salt and the rest of the water and lemon juice.
- Combine the chickpeas, thyme, garlic, and lemon zest, then add them to a 2-cup jar and pour over the honey-lemon marinade, adding more water if the chickpeas are not covered.
- Refrigerate for at least a day and up to a week.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans