If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light salad encompasses the complete power of plants. Three complete proteins, healthy fat, and complex carbohydrates are combined for a flavorful dish that's perfect for lunch, dinner, or even to snack on! —Chelsey Amer
- 1/2 cup mung beans, uncooked
- 1/2 cup green (french) lentils, uncooked
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 3 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1. Prepare beans, lentils, and quinoa, separately, according to package instructions.
- 2. Once beans, lentils, and quinoa cool slightly, combine in a medium-sized bowl. Add the rest of the salad ingredients and combine.
- 3. To prepare the vinaigrette, combine ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until a uniform consistency forms. Taste, and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Dress the salad with half of the vinaigrette, taste, and add more according to preference. Let sit to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- 5. Slice avocados lengthwise and remove pits. To serve, stuff the salad into the center of the avocado. Serve cold.
- For more pictures, view here: http://citnutritionally.com/2014/07/28/mung-bean-lentil-salad/
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans