A light salad encompasses the complete power of plants. Three complete proteins, healthy fat, and complex carbohydrates are combined for a flavorful dish that's perfect for lunch, dinner, or even to snack on! —Chelsey Amer
mung beans, uncooked
green (french) lentils, uncooked
bell pepper, chopped
red onion, finely chopped
cilantro, finely chopped
freshly ground black pepper
extra virgin olive oil
In This Recipe
1. Prepare beans, lentils, and quinoa, separately, according to package instructions.
2. Once beans, lentils, and quinoa cool slightly, combine in a medium-sized bowl. Add the rest of the salad ingredients and combine.
3. To prepare the vinaigrette, combine ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until a uniform consistency forms. Taste, and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
4. Dress the salad with half of the vinaigrette, taste, and add more according to preference. Let sit to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
5. Slice avocados lengthwise and remove pits. To serve, stuff the salad into the center of the avocado. Serve cold.
For more pictures, view here: http://citnutritionally.com/2014/07/28/mung-bean-lentil-salad/