cups warm water
teaspoon white sugar
dried Instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoon ) or 2 oz cake yeast
teaspoons sea salt
cups flour plus some for dusting
In This Recipe
- In a separate bowl, put the sugar in 1 cup of warm water and then stir in yeast and 1 tbs flour. Allow to proof, to make sure it's still active.
- In the bowl with flour, make a well in the centre and add yeast mixture, and rest of water.
- Using the tips of your fingers, mix the yeast and water with the flour, incorporating a little at a time, until everything is combined. Or just use a mixer.
- Knead and shape it into a ball, then coat lightly with oil.
- Put a cloth over the bowl and set it somewhere warm for an hour to rise.
- It should double in size.
- Punch the dough down and knead for a few minutes, make into a loaf.
- Then oil the dough and bread pan ( 13 x 9 ) and put the loaf inside the pan.
- Cover that loaf up with the towel and let rise again about 30 minutes.
- Cut along the middle.
- Bake 350 F 30-40 minute.
- Turn out bread and let cool on a rack.