If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
cups warm water
teaspoon white sugar
dried Instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoon ) or 2 oz cake yeast
teaspoons sea salt
cups flour plus some for dusting
- In a separate bowl, put the sugar in 1 cup of warm water and then stir in yeast and 1 tbs flour. Allow to proof, to make sure it's still active.
- In the bowl with flour, make a well in the centre and add yeast mixture, and rest of water.
- Using the tips of your fingers, mix the yeast and water with the flour, incorporating a little at a time, until everything is combined. Or just use a mixer.
- Knead and shape it into a ball, then coat lightly with oil.
- Put a cloth over the bowl and set it somewhere warm for an hour to rise.
- It should double in size.
- Punch the dough down and knead for a few minutes, make into a loaf.
- Then oil the dough and bread pan ( 13 x 9 ) and put the loaf inside the pan.
- Cover that loaf up with the towel and let rise again about 30 minutes.
- Cut along the middle.
- Bake 350 F 30-40 minute.
- Turn out bread and let cool on a rack.