Author Notes: This classic Italian dish is not only delicious it's healthy too! By rinsing and draining the beans twice, you remove a large portion of the sodium found in tinned beans. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/tuscan-style-tuna-white-beans —Healthline
14.5 ounce cans low-sodium cannelloni beans
cup fresh orange juice
medium onion, diced
cup dry white wine
tablespoons white wine vinegar
pound fresh tuna, cut into 1-inch pieces
large tomatoes, diced
tablespoons minced fresh basil
freshly cracked black pepper
basil leaves to garnish
- Drain beans into a colander and rinse. Allow beans to drain and then rinse again. Set aside.
- Heat the orange juice in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until onions have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and vinegar and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Add tuna, beans and minced basil. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for approximately 7 minutes or until tuna is just cooked through.
- Season to taste with freshly cracked black pepper. Garnish with basil leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans