If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This classic Italian dish is not only delicious it's healthy too! By rinsing and draining the beans twice, you remove a large portion of the sodium found in tinned beans. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com... —Healthline
14.5 ounce cans low-sodium cannelloni beans
cup fresh orange juice
medium onion, diced
cup dry white wine
tablespoons white wine vinegar
pound fresh tuna, cut into 1-inch pieces
large tomatoes, diced
tablespoons minced fresh basil
freshly cracked black pepper
basil leaves to garnish
- Drain beans into a colander and rinse. Allow beans to drain and then rinse again. Set aside.
- Heat the orange juice in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until onions have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and vinegar and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Add tuna, beans and minced basil. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for approximately 7 minutes or until tuna is just cooked through.
- Season to taste with freshly cracked black pepper. Garnish with basil leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans