If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It takes traditional baked beans ( a staple in the Midwest) to a whole new level. While they are not for the faint-hearted (or austere dieter), they feature a diversity of beans all companionably bunched together with crispy smoked bacon and sautéed onions —Debra Callaway
Serves 6 - 8
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 8 slices thick smoked bacon
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 16oz can EACH lima beans, black beans, pinto beans, and dk red kidney beans (drained) and a 16oz can pork and beans
- In a large, lidded iron skillet, fry bacon, remove and crumble.
- Cook onion in bacon grease with sugar, mustard, salt, and vinegar for 20 minutes (covered).
- Add beans to cooked onion mixture. Bake at 350 for one hour.
- Crumble bacon on top and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans