If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: (Just a note: The photo only shows a small amount of the stew--the recipe will serve a crowd of 6-8 people )This is a favorite dish of my Peruvian hubby and since he especially requested it for dinner, I made it this evening. I used a large package of chicken breast cut into big 'fingers' and made enough with this recipe to serve 8 people! This recipe freezes well--just take out the potatoes (which will tend to become grainy if frozen)--it keeps for up to 4 months in the freezer. A vegetarian friend ate this dish without the chicken and loved it --the sauce is so rich and tasty it can be served without the meat, if you like! —BeijingRose
- 2-3 pounds chicken breast pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 onions chopped
- 1/2 red & green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Aji Panca (Peruvian red pepper sauce)
- 8 ounces bag of frozen green peas
- 1 1/2 pounds red-skin potatoes, cut in slices (1/2 in thick)
- 1 cup red wine or port
- 2 cubes of chicken bouillon
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes with juice
- Wash the chicken pieces then marinate in buttermilk or evaporated milk for an hour. Mix the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper, then dip the marinated breasts in one at a time to coat, then fry on medium heat in hot oil. Lay aside.
- Empty most of the oil from the pan and saute the onions and peppers. Place the tomatoes, chicken bouillon cubes (chopped up), aji panca in a sturdy bowl in the microwave to blend the flavors, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato mixture to the pan and stir in the peas. Lay the sliced potatoes on top of this, cover, then simmer for 20 minutes r until potatoes are softened. Pour the wine into the pan, stir gently, then add the fried chicken pieces and gently fold them into the potato-tomato mix. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, Serve with white rice and garnish with a green vegie like cooked brussel sprouts or green beans.