If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my go to recipes be it picnic, boat day or just one of the rare occasions in Michigan that the temperature tops 70! It is better the next day but usually never lasts that long. This salad wastes nothing to produce big flavor. It can be easily assembled with pantry staples you probably already have on hand. Get your fiber fix with this lovely dish! —meranda
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato-infused oil (from jar of sun-dried tomato halves)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato halves in extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- dashes Freshly ground black pepper
The Magical Fruit (Beans)
- 32 ounces cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ounce grated Manchego or Romano cheese
- To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
- To prepare beans, place beans in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over beans. Let stand at least 1 hour. Add onion, garlic, basil and cheese, just before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans