If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 6 to 8
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage (cut into rounds then quartered )
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 ounce (16 ounce) package dry lentils
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 8 cups water
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/1 teaspoon black pepper
- cover lentils in boiling water for 30 minutes, drain Place sausage in a large pot. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. set aside Add onion, celery and chopped garlic, and sauté until tender and translucent. Stir in •sausage, drained lentils, carrot, water, chicken broth and tomatoes. , parsley, bay leaves, oregano, thyme, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover, and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until lentils are tender.
- Serve with crusty Italian bread
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans