If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe while on the Daniel Fast during the Super Bowl of this year. It's a fix-it-and-forget-it meal that's simple, satisfying, and couldn't be healthier. I winner on all sides! —Kelly Minyard
- 1 cup Dry black beans (or 2 cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup Dry kidney beans (or 2 cans, drained and rinsed)
- 2 cans chili-spiced diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-2 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- If using dry beans, soak and cook according to package directions prior to putting in crock pot.
- Saute bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic in oil of choice until soft.
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot, adding stock or water until mixture reaches desired consistency. Because all ingredients are pre-cooked, cook time depends on personal preference and time constraints, but 4-10 hours at a low heat is recommended (the longer, the better).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans