If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Caramelized pears. Recipe in my collection.
- Caramelized pears from 1 kilo of pears.
- 500 grams Whole milk
- 120 grams Sugar
- 3 Large eggs
- 50 grams Butter unsalted
- 40 grams Cornflour
- 1 piece Ginger 3 cm long cut in sticks
- 2 pieces Cinnamon 3 cm long each
- 2 pieces Star aniseed
- 1 teaspoon Orange peel grated
- 250 grams Whipped fresh cream
- 20 grams Vanilla
- 2 pieces Millefeuille biscuits about 27x27 cm or bake ready bought puff pastry.
- 1/2 cup Slivered toasted almonds
- 20 grams Amaretto liquor
- Pour milk in a pot, and add cinnamon, ginger and star aniseed. Heat until just boiling point. Take off heat and let it stand for one hour. Strain and warm again.
- Lightly beat the sugar, eggs and cornflour until well blended.
- Slowly, little by little add the hot milk to the egg mixture. Place on low heat, stirring continuously until cooked. Immediately take off heat and add the butter, amaretto and orange peel. Pour in a bowl and cover with cling film.
- When cold fold in the whipped cream.
- Assemble by placing a sheet of biscuit or puff pastry in a serving dish 27cm diameter and 10cm deep. Place on top half the pears, then half the cream, then again the biscuit, the rest of the pears and finish with the cream.
- Scatter the almond on top and refrigerate. It is better served at room tempriture.
More Great Recipes: Desserts