If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my go-to recipe for when we are having company over. It never fails me ... delicious, moist and very flavorful. I usually use lemons but it is very good with oranges and tangerines as well. —ChezUs
- 1 cage free chicken, left whole, about 3 - 4 pounds
- 2 whole lemons, washed and cut into quarters
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 medium sprigs of rosemary, washed and dryed
- grapeseed oil - it withstands high heat
- Heat oven to 425.
- Remove any giblets, etc… from the chicken. Wash chicken inside and out. Pat dry.
- Lay the chicken in a roasting dish. Stuff the chicken with the lemons, red onions and rosemary, alternating ingredients, so that you get equal flavor.
- Rub the chicken well with grape seed oil.
- Slide the chicken into the oven and let roast for 1 ½ hours – may be a little less or a little more depending on the size of your chicken. I test the meatiest part of the chicken leg by slightly cutting into it, if there is any sign of blood, cook longer.
- Remove from the oven, let rest for 10 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roast Chicken