If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This bean recipe was born out of necessity. I was making a Sunday roast but we'd run out of potatoes. So, I grabbed these beans, spiced them up, and chucked them on the table and they were delicious. —Rach Kim
Serves 4 as a side dish
- 15 ounces can of cannellini beans
- 2 ounces salt pork, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 baby bell peppers, diced (or 1/2 regular bell pepper)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- splash heavy cream
- Rinse and drain the beans.
- Add salt pork to a cold pan and place over medium heat. Render the fan and allow the pork to crisp up.
- Add in diced onion, garlic, and bell peppers. Saute until soft and onions start to turn golden brown.
- Add in beans, stock, bay leaf, cayenne pepper, and paprika. Stir and then bring to a simmer. Let the beans simmer for 20 minutes until the stock reduces and thickens.
- Just before serving, stir in a splash of cream for richness.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans