If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh, filling and just a little bit spicy, this bean salad (adapted from Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything") comes together in just a few minutes and is a perfect side dish for a potluck or barbecue... and packs well for lunch the next day. Feel free to skip the cilantro if you're averse! —Marshmallows&Margaritas
- 1/2 cup fire roasted corn (or 1-2 ears fresh corn)
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cups can pinto beans (or one 15-ounce can, drained)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1-2 canned chipotle chiles + 1/2 tsp of adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- If using raw corn, cut it off the cob. Place in a small skillet over high heat. Allow it to sit for a few seconds, then shake the pan to redistribute the corn. Cook until the kernels are browned on at least one side. If using frozen corn, microwave and allow to cool.
- Stir the olive oil and vinegar together in a measuring cup. Chop up the garlic into very small pieces, then add to the oil and vinegar mixture and stir.
- Add about 1/2 teaspoon of the adobo sauce from the can to the oil and vinegar mixture, and stir again. Add the dressing to the bowl with the bean mixture and stir to coat.
- Rinse the cilantro and roughly chop the leaves. Add the pieces to the bowl and stir. Refrigerate until serving.