If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Toasted popcorn, mild miso, honey, ginger, and almonds all come together in these "grown-up" popcorn balls to form the perfect sweet and salty snack. They come together quickly and are so fun to make! —Bonnie Meyer
Makes 8 balls
- 1 cup (8 ounces) honey
- 2 tablespoons white or light yellow miso
- 12 cups popped white popcorn
- 1 cup unsalted sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the honey and the miso until well-combined. Add the popcorn and the almonds and use your hands (I recommend buttering them) to mix everything together. As you're mixing, gradually sprinkle the ginger over the mixture to incorporate it evenly.
- Spread the popcorn mixture into the line baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and place the baking sheet in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, or until the popcorn mixture has firmed up.
- With buttered hands, firmly pack the popcorn mixture into 8 tennis ball-sized balls. The popcorn balls will continue to firm up as they sit.
More Great Recipes: Snacks