If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This brings a more healthy touch to the traditional Spanish omelette (Tortilla española)... and is one of my families favorite snacks. A real treat served with my creamy and tasty vegan mayonnaise:-) —Daniela
- 500 grams potatoes
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 cups soy milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped spring onions
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 pinch curcuma
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel potatoes and onions and chop into small cubes. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and roast onions and potatoes gently for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper and salt. Reduce the heat and place a lid on the pan. Steam for 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft (stir occasionally to avoid sticking in the pan).
- In the meantime mix chickpea flour, chopped parsley and curcuma powder in a large bowl. Add the soy milk and blend to obtain a sticky paste. Add chopped spring onions and season with pepper and sea salt.
- Mix cooked potatoes and onions with the chickpea paste until well combined. Heat another tablespoon auf olive oil in the pan, add the potato-chickpea mixture and leave to set at medium heat. Keep jiggling the pan to prevent Tortilla from sticking. After 8-10 minutes, transfer Tortilla to a plate and return upside down to the pan (you might want to add a bit more oil to the pan before doing that...). Fry for another 5 minutes, than transfer to a big plate and serve hot or cold with vegan mayonnaise and/or fresh bread.
- 200 milliliters soy cream
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch curcuma
- 80 milliliters virgin olive oil
- Peel and chop garlic and combine together with soy cream, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar and curcuma in a mixing bowl. Mix with a stick blender until well combined, then add the olive oil little by little (keep mixing all the time), until obtaining a creamy mayonnaise. Season to taste with pepper and salt.