If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sumptuous brownie recipe uses Rose and Chocolate, making it a perfect treat for Valentine's Day. —food-alovestory.com
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1 cup Medjool Dates, pitted (about 8)
- 1/2 cup Raw Cacao
- 1 teaspoon Rose Water
- pinches Pink Salt
- dashes Cinnamon
- dashes Cardamom
- Optional: 1T cacao nibs, rose petals (dried or fresh), cinnamon
- Using an electric blender, grind your walnuts to a powder. Add the dates one at a time, blending well before adding the next. Mix in the cacao, then the rose water, finally the spices.
- The mixture should be moist. If you pick it up between two fingers and it easily falls apart, add another bit of rose water. Be careful of two things: you don’t want to over-water, and you don’t want to over-blend or the oils are released and it becomes more like fudge than brownie.
- Spread the mixture into a small baking pan. Press down with the back of a spoon or a spatula. Press evenly and firmly so the brownie will set. Optionally, you can press cacao nibs gently into the top, dust with cinnamon, or sprinkle with rose petals. The nibs give it a burst of bitter crunch, and the rose petals make it as beautiful as your Mom.