If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recipe for sugar cage comes from Jacques Torres.
And the recipe for chocolate roses from
Chocolate Wedding Cake By The Canadian Living Test Kitchen —anka
- Begin by making the caramel, put the sugar in a saucepan and place over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, keeping an eye on it, boil until the sugar turns a dark golden colour.
- Quickly pour the caramel into 6 ramekins. Set aside.
cups whole milk ( 3.25% )
teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Put eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla in blender, blend for 30 seconds.
- Add milk and blend for another 20 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins.
- Fill the baking dish with hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F.
- Let the ramekins cool in the water.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Run a thin knife around the edge of the custard and invert onto a plate.