Author Notes: Recipe for sugar cage comes from Jacques Torres.
And the recipe for chocolate roses from
Chocolate Wedding Cake By The Canadian Living Test Kitchen —anka
cups whole milk ( 3.25% )
teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Begin by making the caramel, put the sugar in a saucepan and place over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, keeping an eye on it, boil until the sugar turns a dark golden colour.
- Quickly pour the caramel into 6 ramekins. Set aside.
- Put eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla in blender, blend for 30 seconds.
- Add milk and blend for another 20 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins.
- Fill the baking dish with hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F.
- Let the ramekins cool in the water.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Run a thin knife around the edge of the custard and invert onto a plate.