If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Cajun spiced chicken and fettuccine has the perfect amount of heat. Combined with a delicious cream sauce, it is the perfectly balanced dish. —PasadenaDaisy
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 red onion sliced thin
- 4 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch of thyme, oregano, smoked paprika and dried, ground chipotle
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound dried fettuccine - preferably flavored (spicy) cooked, drained
- Slice vegetables, set aside.
- Combine all spices in a small dish.
- Wash and pat dry chicken.
- Rub chicken all over with spices (you may have some left over).
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil to the pan.
- Add chicken and cook on medium high heat on one side for about 7 minutes. Flip chicken, reduce heat slightly, cover and cook until chicken is cooked through (internal temperature should be 165℉). Remove and set chicken aside.
- In same pan, add vegetables and cook until very tender.
- Add cream to vegetables and heat through.
- Add cooked pasta and stir to combine and heat through.
- Transfer pasta and vegetables to bowl. Slice chicken and serve on top of pasta.