If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tender, moist strawberry basil cupcakes with white chocolate buttercream. —Camilla Maybee
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder (or xanthan gum)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
- 2-3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- Puree the strawberries and basil together in a food processor.
- Place the puree in a saucepan over medium low heat. Add 1/2 c white sugar and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until it begins bubbling.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, eggs, and remaining white sugar.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and strawberry mixture. Mix well.
- Add the dry mixture bit by bit, beating until smooth.
- Spoon batter into prepared cupcake cups and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- For the frosting, melt 1 c butter over low heat and stir in the white chocolate chips. Whisk until smooth, then remove from heat.
- Allow the frosting mixture to come to room temperature, then beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.