If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: SLOW COOKED (for 13 hours) CHICKPEAS in a tangy sauce (Chana Masala). All the ingredients are basically dumped into the slow cooker and you let it cook on high for 12 to 14 hours. The result is simply amazing. Couldn't get any easier. The important spice here is Chaat Masala. It is available online or in Indian stores and is really essential to the delicious and tangy flavor of this dish. —Shalini Singh @ Shalini's Kitchen
Serves 6 to 8
- 2.5 cups dried chickpeas, cleaned and washed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon chaat masala
- 1.5 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Turn setting to high for 13 hours.
- Serve with rice or Indian bread. (Don't forget to remove Cinnamon stick before serving).