If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When my children were young we are a lot of pasta. I was always looking for different ways to liven up our noodles. We came up with this and my girls still make this for their own children. After all, who doesn't like crispy noodles? —Marlene Tramonte
Serves 6 to 8
- 16 ounces Spaghetti, cooked al dents
- 1 cup Diced yellow onion
- 1 cup Diced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup Diced green pepper
- 2 Cloves minced garlic
- salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 2 chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons Finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- in a large cast iron frying pan, heat olive oil until shimmering. Add onion and peppers, sauté until soft, about 5-8 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- add cooked spaghetti and toss together well. Press into pan with a spatula. Let cook on medium low heat until golden and crisp on the bottom.
- slide out of skillet onto a cookie sheet, return skillet to med. Heat and add 2 tbsp. olive oil and heat. Flip noodle cake onto another cookie sheet or plate and slide back into skillet. Cook another 8 to 10 minutes until under side is golden and crisp.
- season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped green onion and parsley. Cut in wedges.