If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 750 grams (1.63lb) octopus tentacles ( frozen )
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion
- 10-15 peppercorns
- 3 red potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- minced parsley
- Wash the octopus well under cold running water and drain.
- Put a pot with at least 2-3 l water on the stove.
- Immerse octopus in the water and simmer for 50-60 minutes together with garlic, onion, peppercorn and bay leaf.
- Make sure that the octopus is cooked, the meat should be tender, but not mushy.
- Once ready, drain and wash the octopus and cut it into smaller peaces .
- Mix with sauce made by whisking together the oil, vinegar, parsley, chopped garlic, a pinch salt and pepper.
- Add 3 red potatoes, boiled in skin, peeled and sliced (you can add potatoes to the pot with octopus)
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad