Author Notes: This Berry Parfait is somewhere between a parfait and a cheesecake. But either way is a quick and easy dessert with not much fuss.
I love the play of the sweet preserved berries with the more tart fresh berries. It makes the dessert not overly sweet. Texture is always important in a dessert like this otherwise it is just a mush. The preserved berries are chewy, the fresh strawberry slices add a crispiness and a beautiful red colour, while the cookie crumble with the nuts add that much needed crunch. —heinstirred
grams fresh strawberries
tablespoons Berry Compote (fruit and syrup)
tablespoons Berry (syrup only)
grams cream cheese
Berry Compote for garnish
- Hull and wash the strawberries and divide in half.
- Mash the one half of strawberries and slice the other half and mix both halves together.
- Soften the cream cheese with the back of a fork and add the cream. Using an electric beater beat the mixture until smooth.
- Fold in the 2 tablespoons compote and 2 tablespoons syrup.
- Place the cookies in a food processor and blitz until fine with a few chunks visible. (Or place in a sandwich bag and bash with a rolling pin)
- Top with half of the cream filling
- Top with the strawberries
- Top each parfait with a teaspoon of compote and serve