If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Pad Thai recipe is so easy to make, yet packed with delicious flavours. I have made a short video on youtube that demonstrates how to make this dish and it can be accessed here:
https://www.youtube.com... —Fouad Makadsi
Makes: 5 dishes
grams rice stick noodles
medium sized shrimps
tablespoons peanut butter
tablespoons soya sauce
green thai chili peppers
- Cooking the noodles: Once you bring a large pot of water to boil, remove from heat and add the noodles. Leave for 4 minutes then drain and rinse with cold water
- In a frying pan, sautée onion cubes and garlic in some vegetable oil until they turn golden brown
- Cut the chicken breasts into pieces and add to the pan; add a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and squeeze half a lime
- In a small bowl, whisk the peanut butter, water, and soya sauce until the mixture is smooth
- Add the above mixture to the pan (after the chicken cooks for 10 minutes) and mix
- Chop a cup of fresh cilantro and add to the pan. Add green thai chili peppers (amount depends on how spicy you want it to be), add shrimp, and brown sugar
- Add water to maintain a thick sauce. Cook for another 15-20 min and then set aside
- Use tongs to plate the noodles. To enhance the presentation, spin the plate as you are putting down the noodles. Pour the chicken and shrimp sauce over the noodle pile. Top it off with cilantro. Slice a lime and place it on the side. Sprinkle some peanuts on top
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles