If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Learn turkey, caramelized onions and mushrooms, Gruyere cheese. These burgers are incredibly moist and don't need anything but a bed of spinach to feel special. —Vicki Amsinger
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups finely sliced onion
- pinch of sugar
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 pound ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil over medium low heat in a large skillet. Add the onions and pinch of sugar and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are caramelized. Add in the mushrooms and cook for another 6 or so minutes or until the mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Put the ground turkey in a bowl and add the Worcestershire, Dijon, thyme, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the onion/mushroom mixture and mix well. Add in the Swiss and mix thoroughly. Form into 4 patties. Raise the heat under the skillet to the medium and add the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Cook the patties about 7-8 minutes per side or until done to your liking.