Author Notes: Coconut Macaroons —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes: 24 macaroons
pieces egg whites
cup granulated sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
cups unsweetened coconut
cup sweetened coconut
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, sugar and vanilla until well combined and fluffy.
- Fold in coconuts and salt.
- With wet hands to shape the coconut mixture into small balls, about 1 tablespoon-sized, and place them on the prepare baking sheets, spacing an inch apart.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes until golden. Let cool slightly before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.