If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first make home made pesto then stuff the chicken breast, dip in egg then panko, brown and bake in the oven...Delicious! —Claire
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Lemon, Squeezed
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Oilive Oil
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Finely chop the rinsed and dried basil, garlic, grate the cheese and squeeze the lemon and add olive oil to food processor, add salt, chop and blend. Set aside or freeze in freezer bag flat for another day.
Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 Large Chicken Breasts
- 3 Beaten Eggs
- 1 cup Plain Panko
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pat dry the chicken breasts, using a sharp long knife, make a hole through the middle of the breast lengthways push the Pesto into the chicken both ends.
- Add 2 table spoons of evoo to an oven proof skillet on medium high till sizzling then add one teaspoon of pesto the skillet, be careful not to burn.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture
- Roll the chicken into the Panko
- Transfer to the oven proof skillet and sear till golden and all sides...just a minute or so on each side then transfer to oven. Large chicken breast should take about 40 minutes in a 375 pre heated gas oven.