Cream puff dough
cup all-purpose flour
cup butter, cut into pieces
1 egg for glaze
cups chocolate chips ( 10 oz )
cups 35 % cream
cup cornelian cherry jam or black current jam or sour cherry jam
In This Recipe
Cream puff dough
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butter, salt and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Return saucepan to the heat and stir constantly until the dough forms a thick ball (about 2 minutes).
- Transfer the dough to a bowl, and beat on low speed to release the steam from the dough (about 2 minutes).
- Once the dough is lukewarm start adding eggs one by one and continue to mix until you have a smooth thick paste.
- I used small ice cream scoop (one tablespoon - #50) to place dough on the baking sheet, spacing them apart.
- Gently brush the dough with a lightly beaten egg, sprinkle with sliced almond (optional) and add on the top small dollop of the dough
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 350 F . Bake for a further 30 to 35 minutes turn the oven off, with the oven door slightly ajar.
- When the shells are completely cool cut in half with a serrated knife and pipe Chocolate mousse, cover and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- In a heat-safe mixing bowl set above gently-simmering water, melt chocolate chips, when melted add cream stirring until smooth.
- Refrigerate overnight for the mixture to chill and thicken.
- Next day beat at high speed with a mixer until stiff peaks form, do not overbeat.
- Add 1/2 cup cornelian cherry jam or blackcurrant jam or sour cherry jam and mix in by hand.
- With leftovers chocolate mousse you can serve in a martini glass or in a wine glass.