If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Cream puff dough
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg for glaze
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butter,salt and water in a saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a boil
- Return saucepan to the heat and stir constantly until the dough forms a thick ball (about 2 minutes).
- Transfer the dough to a bowl, and beat on low speed to release the steam from the dough (about 2 minute).
- Once the dough is lukewarm start adding eggs one by one and continue to mix until you have a smooth thick paste
- I used small ice cream scoop ( one tablespoon - #50 ) to place dough on the baking sheet, spacing them apart.
- Gently brush the dough with a lightly beaten egg, sprinkle with sliced almond ( optional ) and add on the top small dollop of the dough
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 350 F . Bake for a further 30 to 35 minutes Turn the oven off, with the oven door slightly ajar.
- When the shells are completely cool cut in half with serrated knife and pipe Chocolate mousse, cover and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips ( 10 oz )
- 2 cups 35 % cream
- 1/2 cup cornelian cherry jam or black current jam or sour cherry jam
- In a heat-safe mixing bowl set above gently-simmering water, melt chocolate chips, when melted add cream stirring until smooth.
- Refrigerate over night for mixture to chill and thicken.
- Next day beat at high speed with mixer until stiff peaks form , do not over beat.
- Add 1/2 cup cornelian cherry jam or black current jam or sour cherry jam and mix in by hand.
- With left overs chocolate mousse you can pipe in martini glass or in wine glass.