If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1, ~4lbs whole chicken-insides removed
- 3.5 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 2.5 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons marjoram
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion-cut into 6ths
- 2 medium oranges-cut into 6ths
- 1 large Granny Smith apple-cut into 6ths
- 6 slices organic turkey bacon
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Rinse whole chicken-under cold running water-inside and out. Turn the oven on to 400F.
- In a bowl, combine paprika, cumin, oregano, marjoram, cayenne, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Season the inside of the chicken and place onions, oranges, and apples inside.
- Rub the outside of the chicken with the olive oil/spice mixture.
- Wrap bacon slices around the chicken and secure with toothpicks (cover as much of the surface area of the chicken as possible).
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven to 350F, cover, and bake until the inside temperature reaches 165F (approximately 1 to 1.5 hours)...basting occasionally.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roast Chicken