If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Within the past few months I have tried to be more experimental in my tiny kitchen due to my husband's decision to become a pescetarian. With a full time job I go for ingredients that are easy to work with and meals that are ready in 30-45 minutes. (I go all out during the weekends :-) ). Definitely enjoying my new found love for cooking and I hope you enjoy this recipe! —Afrovitalityeats
- 2- 8 ounces Shirataki tofu packets
- 16 ounces well cleaned bag mussels
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushroom (washed and roughly chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic mashed
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced red cabbage
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse shirataki noodles under cold water and pad dry. Spread on a flat surface (chopping board ) to air dry after
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet . ADD onions and cook until they turn clear, then ADD garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and soy sauce, cook for 1-2 minutes, then and 1 cup vegetable broth. Let cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Then, ADD mussels, noodles and remaining cup and a half of vegetable broth. ADD salt and pepper to taste, cover and cook for about 3-5 minutes (Shirataki noodles and Mussels cook really fast )
- Serve this on a cold winter night and appreciate life and the beautiful things it has to offer. Remember you do not have to spend hours to have a hearty meal. Don't forget to top with sliced red cabbage to give it a little crunch
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles