1. Combine the following seasonings and mix well: salt, pepper, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, and minced garlic.
2. Place the oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Use paper towels to dry excess moisture from the meat. Rub entire roast with a teaspoon of oil and then evenly sprinkle the seasoning mixture all over the roast.
3. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it just begins to simmer and slightly smoke. Add the roast and sear until richly browned on all sides (including the sides and the ends), 3 to 4 minutes per side.
4. Transfer the roast to a roasting pan lined with foil. Roast the meat for about an for1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours, or until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 130 degrees F for medium-rare or 140 degrees F for medium. Cooking the roast past medium could cause the meat to be too dry! For medium-well, cook beef to 150 degrees F. For well done, cook beef to 160 degrees F. (Temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees after removing from oven and attain desired doneness)
5. Remove the roast from the oven to a carving board and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Slice the meat and serve with potatoes, brown rice, or steamed vegetables