If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For about a year now i have been trying to master caramel sauce. The reason is this is something my husband hasn't had in many years and its delicious on ice cream. I have tried the coconut milk caramel and i can honestly say i am just not a fan, the idea of that perfect caramel taste mixed with the saltness of sea salt flakes - sounds like perfection right? —Bianca Virtue
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup Soy Milk
- In a saucepan that has a lid place sugar and water on to a low heat and wait until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Making this in a lidded pot allows the water and sugar to come off the sides with the steam created.
- Once sugar is dissolved allow the sugar syrup to simmer until its starts to turn a caramel / amber colour. To make sure its eventually colouring simply swirl the pot around, do not stir. When it becomes the right colour take it off the heat, place in butter and stir to combine.
- When the butter is combine gradually add in the milk whist stirring at the same time, be careful with this part as it will bubble. Once combine place back on heat, add in the salt and allow to simmer until thickened.
- This recipe can be modified to be sugar free or not vegan, simply replace ingredients to your chosen ones.