If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My challenge to myself was to make an original, beautiful but simple, soul food dish that everyone could make with common ingredients. —Heide Braley
- 2 quarts Water
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce Less Sodium
- 1/4 pound Angel Hair Pasta (Capelli)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Bring two quarts of water to a boil. Add salt and pasta noodles. Stir until noodles float freely to prevent sticking. Cook until tender or for about five minutes.
- While pasta water is heating, heat the milk, garlic powder, onion powder, butter, soy sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat until simmering, stirring constantly.
- Turn the heat down to low and gently drop the eggs into the simmering milk without breaking the yolk. Stir carefully along the bottom of the pot to make sure the eggs don't stick. Set timer for three minutes.
- Drain pasta and place in a shallow bowl. Arrange them in a nest shape. Lift poached eggs from milk with a slotted spoon and place in center of the noodle nest. Pour hot milk over noodles. Grate cheese over noodles and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles