Author Notes: Probably the best nut butter I've ever made. This homemade peanut butter is creamy, glossy and all-natural. Made with organic raw peanuts and sweetened with pure maple syrup and a hint of salt.
PB never tasted so naturally good! —Gemma / Cinnamon Girl
Makes: around 1 1/2 cups
cups raw, shelled peanuts.
tablespoons pure maple syrup.*
You can use honey or molasses.
- Toast the peanuts. Simply lightly coat a frying pan with coconut oil and toast the peanuts until they look lightly golden and release a toasty aroma.
- Pulse the 2 cups of freshly roasted peanuts for one minute, until ground. At this point you will have to run the food processor for one minute, stop and scrape down the sides and eventually give your processor a break cause it will get really, really hot.
- Don't panic if you see that the gritty butter suddenly starts to clump together and become a ball of dough. Just keep processing, the peanuts will release their natural oils and a few minutes later you will have soft, glossy peanut butter.
- Finally add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and your sweetener of choice (I like to use pure maple syrup for the healthiest version).
- Taste and add more salt or other add-ins like cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, whatever you desire.
- Transfer the peanut butter to a jar, cover and keep refrigerated.
- The butter will firm up in the fridge but if you take it out of the fridge a few minutes before serving it will soften and look glossy again. Nut butters taste better at room temperature.