If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These truly addictive noodles are layered with sprouts, cucumber, green onions, cilantro and topped with stir fried teriyaki chicken and a sprinkling of chopped roasted peanuts. If you want to get fancy, add some chopped mango. —Kim at Something New For Dinner
For the teriyaki chicken
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 slices ginger, unpeeled and smashed
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Make the teriyaki sauce by combining brown sugar, mirin, soy sauce and ginger slices in a pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat, discard ginger slices and set aside.
- Heat your wok or skillet until hot, then add 2 t oil and heat until it begins to shimmer. Swirl the pan so that the oil covers the bottom and sides of the pan. Add your chicken, stirring, shoveling and tossing until the chicken is done, about 4-5 minutes. Pour out any residual liquid and add 4 to 5 tablespoons of the teriyaki sauce. Stir to coat, taste and adjust sauce to your personal preference. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, stir to combine and and remove from heat and set aside. Reserve the extra teriyaki sauce for another use or to serve with the noodles.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1 2" pieces of ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 1/2 cup soy sacue
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce (or more if you like heat)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound mung bean sprouts
- 5 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 Persian cucumbers, julienned
- 4 ounces dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 mango, diced
- Make the noodle dressing by putting 1/2 cup of canola oil and 2 T sesame seed oil in a small pan over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the minced ginger and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until garlic and ginger are soft and yellow. Take care not to brown.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, Chinese hot oil and sugar. Stir and boil for a few seconds to dissolve sugar and remove from heat.
- Bring a large pot full of water and a pinch of salt to boil. Add the angel hair pasta and cook following package instructions, usually about 2 minutes, until noodles are al dente. Drain noodles in a colander and shake out excess water. Immediately toss noodles with noodle dressing, working to coat all the noodles in the sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, toss the noodles, chicken, bean sprouts, green onions, cilantro, cucumbers and mango together. Serve in individual bowls and top with chopped peanuts. Offer extra teriyaki sauce with the noodles.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles