Author Notes: Classically french using ingredients you'll find in your kitchen, a recipe my mother gave me. Serve warm with salad and a chilled glass of white. Perfect for relaxed evening with friends —Celine
packets pre-made puff pastry
milliliters single cream
pieces garlic, peeled
teaspoon mixed herbs
grams smoked bacon lardons
grams waxy potatoes
piece egg beaten
pinch salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c Peel the potatoes, we used new potatoes, then with the peeler or a mandalin, slice them all very thin.
- Rince and pat the potaoes dry. In a metal quiche dish (30cm) line with 1 roll of puff pastry
- Layer the potatoes, season as you go & add a couple of layers of the bacon. For vegetarians, remove bacon from the recipe.
- Top the pie with the second roll of puff pastry, make 4 holes in the top, crimp the edges and glaze with the beaten egg.
- Bake at 190c for 30mins, then turn down to 160c and baked for a further 30mins.
- In a saucepan, let the cream garlic & herbs infuse over a low heat until bubbling, then remove from the heat & take out the garlic
- Take out the pie & let cool for 10mins, then carefully slice the top of the pie off and pour in your cream infusion. Put the top back on. Let it cool