If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Classically french using ingredients you'll find in your kitchen, a recipe my mother gave me. Serve warm with salad and a chilled glass of white. Perfect for relaxed evening with friends —Celine
packets pre-made puff pastry
milliliters single cream
pieces garlic, peeled
teaspoon mixed herbs
grams smoked bacon lardons
grams waxy potatoes
piece egg beaten
pinch salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c Peel the potatoes, we used new potatoes, then with the peeler or a mandalin, slice them all very thin.
- Rince and pat the potaoes dry. In a metal quiche dish (30cm) line with 1 roll of puff pastry
- Layer the potatoes, season as you go & add a couple of layers of the bacon. For vegetarians, remove bacon from the recipe.
- Top the pie with the second roll of puff pastry, make 4 holes in the top, crimp the edges and glaze with the beaten egg.
- Bake at 190c for 30mins, then turn down to 160c and baked for a further 30mins.
- In a saucepan, let the cream garlic & herbs infuse over a low heat until bubbling, then remove from the heat & take out the garlic
- Take out the pie & let cool for 10mins, then carefully slice the top of the pie off and pour in your cream infusion. Put the top back on. Let it cool