If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A vegan crumble made with lush summer fruit —A Splash of Vanilla
- 4 medium to large ripe peaches, sliced into wedges
- 7 ounces blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean, beans scraped out OR 1 tspn vanilla bean paste
- 4 tablespoons raw sugar (or vegan sub)
- 2.5 tablespoons cornflour
- 3/4 cup natural oats
- 2.5 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2.5 tablespoons dried coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or vegan sub)
- 1/4 cup (scant) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, at liquid temperature
- Fresh fruit, to decorate
- Cream, ice cream or custard, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 20cm baking dish (I used an enamel pie tin). Place onto a large, flat baking pan.
- Place fruit into a large bowl; add lemon juice and vanilla bean paste and toss gently to combine; add the remainder of the ingredients then fold through until combined. Spoon into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Add the first 6 crumble ingredients to another large bowl and stir until combined. Whisk maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil until combined then add to oat mixture and stir through until everything is coated well. Scatter topping evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the crumble is golden brown and the filling is bubbling hot.
- Sit for 10 minutes then serve with ice cream, cream or custard.