If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Most creamy pasta sauces are made with butter, cream and cheese, packing the sauce with fat and calories. This version uses fat-free sour cream as a base and features lean turkey tenderloin. The result? ! delicious entree at 325 calories per serving. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/creamy-turkey-fettuccine —Healthline
- 6 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 3/4 pound turkey breast tenderloin, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- vegetable cooking spray
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside
- While pasta cooks, stir together sour cream, water and flour until smooth. Add thyme and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet coated with vegetable cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms in a single layer and cook until well browned, cooking in batches if necessary. Add green onions and cook 1 minute. Remove and keep warm.
- Season turkey with salt; add to skillet and cook just until turkey is cooked through. Add mushrooms and sour cream mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve over hot cooked pasta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles