If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is simple use for leftover mashed potatoes. I call it patata cause it kind of looks like a frittata. —Mike
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 4 mushrooms (cremini are nice)
- 1 teaspoon chopped hot pepper (too taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (good sharp cheddar)
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat large cast iron pan on stovetop to medium; Add butter; When sizzling add onions; after 5 minutes add red pepper, hot pepper and mushrooms; after 3 minutes add potatoes; stir so that everything is incorporated and then press down into the skillet to make a nice "patata"; add your grated cheddar cheese and leave on low heat on the stovetop for 3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve and enjoy. All measurements are approximate and the recipe is easily subject to improvisation.