If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an adaptation of one of my husband's favorite Korean dishes - great for cold or rainy days or when you're craving slurping noodles! —charlotte connors
Homemade Chicken Broth
- 1 Chicken carcas
- 2 onions
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger (large)
- 4 carrots
- 4 celery
- 4 Korean red dates
- 4 Dried Shitake Mushrooms
- Any other yummy items hanging around in the fridge (fennel, herbs, etc)
- Lots of Salt and Pepper
- Put everything in a large pot and cover with water.
- Boil and then simmer all day, adding more water as needed.
- Strain and reserve broth.
Noodles and Toppings
- 1 pound Korean Style Long Wheat Noodles
- Chopped Fresh Kimchi (as much as you like)
- Shredded Roasted Seasoned Seaweed (seasoned laver)
- 2 Minced Serrano Peppers
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- Boil noodles and then rinse in cold water to stop cooking and keep chewy texture.
- Put a generous helping of noodles in each large bowl.
- Cover with hot broth.
- Garnish with as much fresh garlic, serrano, and seaweed as desired (or omit). Eat with fresh kimchi in the soup or on the side!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles