If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Challah French toast battered in sweetened condensed milk and dusted with cocoa espresso powder. —Riley Wofford
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (1 pound) loaf challah bread, cut into 12 slices
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- Pure maple syrup, for drizzling
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, condensed milk, coffee, and salt in a large shallow dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter on a large griddle over medium heat. Working in batches, dip the bread slices into the custard and turn to coat. Cook the bread slices for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden brown, adding more butter as needed.
- Combine the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and espresso powder in a small bowl. Dust the French toast with the powdered sugar mixture and serve with maple syrup for drizzling.
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch