If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Now this is a pound cake that would have gotten two thumbs up even from kids - chocolate! This cake is tall and moist, with deep chocolate flavor and extra richness from the cream cheese. This cake is very easy to make and it is one of my most favorites! You may choose to use a regular pan or a bundt pan. —Nicole
- 13 tablespoons Of unsalted butter
- 4 ounces Of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Of vanilla extract
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Of all purposed flour
- 3/4 cup Of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Of baking soda
- Preheat oven at 350*. Butter an 8 x 5 inch pan. In a large bowl stir the butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt until combined into creamy paste. Whisk briefly to lighten.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, completely incorporating each egg. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda to the bowl, then stir until just incorporated. Spoon the batter into pan and smooth. (I used a bundt pan.) Bake from 65-75 minutes until just firm and a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Set pan on a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes. Then remove cake from the pan to finish cooling.
More Great Recipes: Cakes